Tomcat 8.5 on Windows vs startup.bat issue

184
March 19, 2018, at 06:01 AM

I have a very specific problem deploying a webapp on a Windows installation of Tomcat 8.5 ( version 8.5.29 ) that I have been pulling my hair out for the last few days with no success. My web application generates a PDF using JasperReports and within this PDF is a barcode ( which uses Barbecue 1.5-beta ). Running this report on my local install of Tomcat works great, but when I deployed it to the server it did not produce the barcode. I did not see any errors either

Barcode just has placeholder

I downloaded the 8.5 distro without all the Windows specific installers and files, fired up tomcat (startup.bat) and ran the report again. This time it worked. The barcode rendered and everything. Same exact web app directory and config files.

I copied every file from the generic distro to the windows Tomcat install directory and ran again. Same problem. I went into the Tomcat Config dialog, changed the start up mode from jvm to java, but no luck.

The java virtual machine setting is: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_161\bin\server\jvm.dll

I changed it to use default and still the same problem. The java options are out of the box settings ( same when I ran the startup.bat ).

My only guess is the tomcat.exe that is being run is doing something different, but I cannot even begin to figure out what the difference is. I removed the tomcat native dll (tcnative-1.dll 1.2.16 ), but again no luck.

I feel like I need to just run the generic Tomcat 8.5, but this needs to be running all the time and run as a service.

I can't believe one stupid barcode is causing me so much pain. Its for a warehouse packslip so it is required. At this point I am willing to drive to the warehouse and just manually draw the barcodes myself!

Perhaps someone out in the internet has experienced this and has an idea before I just end my career and become a juggler.

Rent Charter Buses Company
READ ALSO
NativeScript WebView not showing embedded iframe with Facebook post

NativeScript WebView not showing embedded iframe with Facebook post

I tried to embed iframe in my WebView component in NativeScript project with facebook post URLWhen I tried to do that on website or any online HTML editor it shows well but in mobile app inside WebView component it doesn't (Android/iOS)

233
Can't select Spinner item when receive server data

Can't select Spinner item when receive server data

i can't select spinner item that i received from serveri have some Person Class objects come from server in a list of array

172
Building a back-end with firebase

Building a back-end with firebase

I'm new to firebase and still lost on how to use it properly for my use case

224
Service Binder memory leak caused by FinalizerReference

Service Binder memory leak caused by FinalizerReference

I have created a bound service exactly as described in the Android documentation here: https://developerandroid

175